Friday, July 17, 2009

Japan Hiroshima Mission!


We are so pleased and excited to report that Travis Nuttall will be serving in the Japan Hiroshima Mission! He enters the MTC on October 21st, 2009. This call is such a blessing for Travis. Travis really had a desire to serve in Japan. He took two years of Japanese in High School, and has an interest in the culture and technology in Japan. We have heard that missionaries usually do not get called to an area that they want to serve in! We anticipate that Travis will arrive in Hiroshima near Christmas eve.

As his mother, I am excited, nervous, and a bit scared. I truly want him to serve, and am so excited for the location he will be serving in, but the reality of not seeing him for two years is starting to sink it. Seeing the actual call, and knowing that he will be so far away is a bit scary. How lucky, though to have had him in my life for almost 19 years. I still remember holding him in a tiny little attic apartment in Provo, Utah. I remember thinking what a great responsibility this is, and how special he is to me. Many experienced mothers tell me that the two years go by quickly, and that they come home young men...no longer a boy. I try to imagine how he will look two years from now...taller, thinner, "thicker", deeper voice? Who knows.

Okay, enough sentimentality! We look forward to hearing where Seth is going. His call should come around the 30th of July. I can assure you that I will have something "gooshy" to say at that date as well. I am pretty sure that Seth's mission call will come while I am at girls camp with our four daughters! We'll see how the timing works out!

P.S. Congratulations to Jessica and Ethan who correctly guessed Travis would go to Japan!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Travis! That is great news! Cant wait to hear where you will be going Seth...and I cant believe you are old enough to go on a mission! I feel old!

    Love Aunt Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I cant believe you gies are already going to be going on your missions it is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete