Monday, September 7, 2009

School Begins!

Well, another summer has come and gone. The kids (and parents) go back to school on Wednesday, September 9th. I think we are the latest school district in the state to start school, or at least it seems that way. Seth and Travis are working odd jobs and preparing to leave for their missions soon. Travis leaves first on October 21st and Seth follows on November 4th. They will both be in the Provo MTC for Thanksgiving. We are looking forward to them heading out on their missions, but with some sadness too. It seems strange to be letting them go.

Our youngest, Evan and Alyssa are all alone at the middle school this year. They are in 7th grade together, and have said "good bye" to Aarun who has entered high school. That really shakes me up...Aarun in high school! Wow, how time flies!

Tess is a senior, Jessica a junior, Amanda and Ethan are sophomores, and Aarun is a freshman. Wayne and I will have an especially busy school year. I am working as the Dean of Students at the high school in the morning, teaching in the afternoon, and being a principal intern with my spare time. As Wayne and I both wrap up our Master's degrees, this will probably be our busiest year yet! Luckily, we don't mind sharing the work load and are pretty good at getting the kids to pitch in!

We are already planning a big summer trip to celebrate a busy school year. Perhaps Disneyland again next summer! The kids really enjoy the sights and sounds of southern California. We hope to be able to have one last big trip before sending Tess off to college next fall. Additionally, I hope to be working as a middle or high school assistant principal in the '10-'11 school year, so a nice trip would be a great beginning for a new adventure.


1 comment:

  1. What a great picture of all of you at the top of your blog! I love hearing about what is going on in your life! Glad to see you are all doing great! Good luck Wayne and Deborah with the busy year!

    I made my blog private...send me an email to kaboingy@hotmail.com and I will send you an invite link.....

    ReplyDelete